Buckland URC was founded in 1835. The current building, designed to seat around 700 people, opened in 1869.
For some time there was a strong belief that the Church building and halls needed significant updating to meet present and future needs. The first stage of a £600,000 redevelopment to put it at the heart of the local community has just been completed.
We now have a user friendly entrance from Kingston Road into a welcoming community coffee bar with a nostalgic feel.
The new worship space, is light, bright and contemporary due to the removal of the gallery will also be available for conferences and meetings.
In stage 2 the exciting new floor above the coffee shop will be accessed by a lift.
The three faces of the turret clock have been repainted and are driven by synchronous movements. The clock is illuminated in blue lighting at night.